Thursday, January 15, 2009

Nothing Gold Can Stay.

Fall Pictures, Images and Photos

First official post. I really wanted to post this:

Nature's first green is gold
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

I love that poem so much. I googled it and found the wikipedia page on it. Here's what it said:

"Robert Frost's poem at a glance seems to talk about nature and the changing of the seasons, however when broken down it seems as though the poem is saying that when you are young everything is new (gold) and once you start growing up and your imagination fades does everything become old or normal(green). Also, the line- 'Then leaf subsides to leaf.' means 'to become like others (normal).

Also, it means the first time you do or see something its one of the greatest things(gold). and its hard to make it stay that way. (her hardest hue to hold) her early leaf's a flower means that in the beginning its great/beautiful, but not for a long time. Then leaf subsides to leaf, things start to become normal, eden sank to grief, got sad."
It has a great meaning to it. I absolutely love it.

Peace.

~Victoria

12 comment(s):

Allison said...

that is a good poem

Unknown said...

but what are the chances of finding the right person?!!

...espicially for me. my expectations are too high. most people i like are just way out of my league. sigh.

krl

Ali said...

That's a great poem. I love it. And its so true.

Unknown said...

you cant guarantee that. in fact i dont think you realis how slim the odds of fidning the right person really is.

krl

Neon Duck said...

That was beutiful. So you write poems on a weekly basis? I envy you. Poems are so hard to form, making words dance like that is uber hard. I write in general but I have know idea how to go about poems like that.

Unknown said...

what makes you think that i definitely will?

krl

Unknown said...

ok, if you really think so.

just realised. from what isee from your music box majigg, 10% of your music taste is good (most of which i got you into), 10% is stuff ive never really listened to before and the rest is shit.


haha

krl

Unknown said...

both?

krl

Tristan said...

I like the quotes, particularly the ones about attitudes and resisting change.

Unknown said...

10% is higher than the national average.

go you.

krl

Unknown said...

i gtg. ill talk to ya later.

krlxx

stupid ramblings of mine said...

amazing poem!!! I love it. Tons of hidden meaning behind it.